- Baltimore, MD
KDM Engineering is searching for a Civil Engineer with experience in site civil engineering and/or the utility industry.
- Act as part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of all facets of civil engineering.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of civil engineering work.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for underground and overhead electrical power installations.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 5 -7+ years of job specific experience
- EIT with required experience to obtain PE license
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Infrastructure design experience
- Stormwater management design/analysis
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Power Distribution
- Construction experience.
- Exposure to Exelon Asset Suite 8 (AS8)
- Surveying experience
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO's 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Holidays
- Great Work Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with People First Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
Full List of Benefits:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance plans (dental, medical & vision)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Parental and Maternity Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Year-End Performance Bonuses
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top