Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Manager by maintaining document control, database information, tracking project activities within project timelines, developing/managing schedules and facilitating team communication.
• Gather all project information: schedules, data requests, assignments, and project meetings
• Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules to project team
• Monitor and evaluate project progress to create forecasts and status reports for clients
• Modify project schedules based on variable constraints such as: customer need dates, priorities, resource availability, etc.
• Coordinate and follow up with customers and subcontractors about specific projects and their status
• Create and modify various documents using Microsoft Office and SharePoint
• Communicate with Clients about any other issues that must be addressed with related information, and immediate corrective/preventative action plans as necessary
• Review drawings and specifications to become familiar with project scope and identify long lead times and critical path items
• Help problem solve issues and suggest ways to improve the project
• Schedule and attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team
• Review documentation to become familiar with various work management programs
• Generate accruals for clients based on services rendered and other expenses in coordination with the Project Manager
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
• Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
• Must always be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude
• Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
• Able to work independently with little supervision
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with substantial company match
• PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
• Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
• Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Meet Some of KDM Engineering's Employees
Sankesh works on projects related to the field of distribution engineering. These projects are primarily aimed at improving the reliability and performance of the distribution system.
Back to top