User Experience Designer
Only the passionate need apply.
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants.
We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us to join us in our mission.
Stronger as a whole and united by core values, we are more than a team. We are a phalanx. Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
Our Benefits Include:
· Working for one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
· Open Paid Time Off
· Gym Membership Reimbursement
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Spartan Development Plan
· Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
· 11 paid Holidays
· Stocked breakroom with excellent choices for snacks, breakfast and lunch options
· Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
· End of the month breakfast and catered lunch
· Beer:30 Fridays - Sudsy social hour each Friday where we mingle and hang out
· Chat & Chew - Thursday afternoon breaks with co-workers at extended snack bar
· YouEarnedIt - Recognize and Reward your coworkers in meaningful ways
· Philanthropic and Community Support
· Sponsored Volunteer Days
Health & Welfare
· PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
· Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
· 401K plan with matching contributions
· Flex Accounts - Medical and Dependent
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
The User Experience Designer is charged with being an advocate for the end user by designing experiences that balance optimal usability for a specific situation with consistency throughout the system. The User Experience Designer is tasked with ensuring that solid UX research, testing, and best practices are implemented consistently across Kasasa’s ecosystem of products while embodying the Patch Values.
UX Designers at Kasasa should understand the overarching product goals and find creative solutions that meet the needs of many stakeholders. You should be comfortable working on large-scale projects from scratch, determining which methodologies and solutions to apply before beginning work on the management and implementation steps of the process and be strategically minded and solutions oriented.
- Infuse the Patch Values into your work ethic, every day and every interaction
- Be a right hand to the Kasasa Product team in helping to prioritize products and features
- Be familiar and comfortable with creating new interface solutions for a spectrum of devices
- Create user flows, wireframes, recommendations, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- Understand how to interpret metrics to improve on existing designs and functionality
- Stay apprised of the latest technologies and innovations in banking and tech
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI roles
- Involvement in the UX professional community
- Deep knowledge of design, usability, and UX best practices
- Familiarity with the banking industry and its compliance rules
- Keeping up with the latest technologies, trends, and innovations in design, development, and #fintech
- Experience working with consumer-facing and enterprise applications is preferred
- Experience working within an agile development process is a plus
- Proficient with a comprehensive wireframing/prototyping tool
- Experience designing for consumer-facing software strongly preferred
- Previous experience designing for mobile devices also preferred
- Previous experience with responsive design preferred as well
- Passionate about refining and revising UI for greater measurable efficiency
- Experience with research and testing best practices for web and mobile applications
- Experience with analytics tools and interpretation of data to guide design decisions
- A solid understanding of key UX artifacts and behavioral psychology fundamentals
- Background in visual design, technical writing or front-end development a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
Back to top