Senior Support Technician
Only the passionate need apply.
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants.
We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us to join us in our mission.
Stronger as a whole and united by core values, we are more than a team. We are a phalanx. Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
Our Benefits Include:
· Working for one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
· Open Paid Time Off
· Gym Membership Reimbursement
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Spartan Development Plan
· Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
· 11 paid Holidays
· Stocked breakroom with excellent choices for snacks, breakfast and lunch options
· Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
· End of the month breakfast and catered lunch
· Beer:30 Fridays - Sudsy social hour each Friday where we mingle and hang out
· Chat & Chew - Thursday afternoon breaks with co-workers at extended snack bar
· YouEarnedIt - Recognize and Reward your coworkers in meaningful ways
· Philanthropic and Community Support
· Sponsored Volunteer Days
Health & Welfare
· PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
· Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
· 401K plan with matching contributions
· Flex Accounts - Medical and Dependent
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
In this customer service focused role, the IT Desktop Support Technician puts the customers, Kasasa employees, first and provides an excellent customer experience to each employee while embodying the Patch Values. This role ensures proper computer operation so that employees can accomplish business tasks. Must be very customer service oriented with good verbal and written communication skills; must have good work ethics; must have good documentation skills; ability to work closely with a user community consisting of administrators and; must be a team-oriented person with the ability to work closely with team members; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected; must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; must be able to perform a variety of complicated tasks; have experience supporting personal computers; have experience with Windows Operating System platforms to the current version; have experience with supporting Macs in a corporate environment; have experience installing and configuring the standard Microsoft Office Suite including Exchange/Outlook to the current version. Civility and customer service are essential attributes for this position.
- Infuse the Patch Values into your work ethic, every day and every interaction
- Identify and troubleshoot issues prior to escalation to second or third level.
- Field escalated requests from IT Helpdesk Analysts, via Help Desk Tickets (HDT) or telephone in a courteous and professional manner
- Desktop computing environment consists of VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Windows 7 and MAC OS
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from employees
- Manage escalated incidents and resolve the incidents working with Desktop Services team to capture details in knowledge base articles for future reference
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked question resources on the Internet and internal knowledge base to aid in problem resolution
- Deliver fixes to the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications sometimes using remote access technology
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to all help requests
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions/answers for employees and team members
- Develop an understanding of how the IT Services that currently exist can be uniquely applied to the customer base
- Develop an understanding of the unique technology requirements that exist within the business unit(s)
- Suggest and advocate technology solutions and enhancements that meet the need of the business unit(s)
- Assisting in the deployment of new Application, OS, Patch releases to the customer base
- High school diploma
- 5-7 years of experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including laptops, desktops and peripherals (PC & Mac)
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems including Windows, OS X and Linux
- Extensive application support experience with MS Office, Outlook, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Working knowledge of a range of computer diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to absorb information quickly and retain this knowledge for future reference
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Perceptive attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Back to top