Senior Software Engineer
Only the passionate need apply.
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants.
We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us to join us in our mission.
Stronger as a whole and united by core values, we are more than a team. We are a phalanx. Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
Our Benefits Include:
· Working for one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
· Open Paid Time Off
· Gym Membership Reimbursement
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Spartan Development Plan
· Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
· 11 paid Holidays
· Stocked breakroom with excellent choices for snacks, breakfast and lunch options
· Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
· End of the month breakfast and catered lunch
· Beer:30 Fridays - Sudsy social hour each Friday where we mingle and hang out
· Chat & Chew - Thursday afternoon breaks with co-workers at extended snack bar
· YouEarnedIt - Recognize and Reward your coworkers in meaningful ways
· Philanthropic and Community Support
· Sponsored Volunteer Days
Health & Welfare
· PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
· Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
· 401K plan with matching contributions
· Flex Accounts - Medical and Dependent
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, integration, testing and successful delivery of software product features and sub-systems at Kasasa. He/she will spend the majority of time developing clean, well-designed, well-documented, reusable code. He/she will participate as a member of a cross-functional Agile team consisting of software engineers, a scrum master and a product owner. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the code from inception through deployment to integration, UAT, staging and production environments. He/she must enjoy working with teams, taking initiative and innovating.
- Infuses the Patch Values into your work ethic, every day and every interaction
- Writes code following TDD practices to achieve the highest practical unit, integration and acceptance test coverage
- Lead the design and implementation of features
- Performs code reviews of other engineers’ design and code
- Participates in architectural reviews and discussions and proposes improvements and solutions
- Provides leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
- Pair programs with other engineers to share knowledge, improve the code, and develop features
- Works closely with the Product Owner to groom user stories - estimating, providing detail, and adding acceptance criteria
- Helps establish and improve software engineering standards and best practices and shares knowledge with peers in dev shares, code dojos, and lightning talks
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in enterprise software development, including at least one backend framework (e.g. Spring). Excellent understanding of memory management, garbage collection, and performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience building, debugging and maintaining enterprise SaaS web applications.
- Experience with ORMs (e.g. Hibernate)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON)
- Experience with application servers (e.g. Tomcat)
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design
- Superb troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery in an agile software development environment
- Passion for leadership, learning and mentoring others
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JQuery, Ajax preferred
- Experience building software for banking and financial systems highly preferred
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform for Kasasa other work duties not specifically listed herein.
Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
Back to top