Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Only the passionate need apply!
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants! We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us in our mission. Stronger together and united by core values, we are more than a team: We are a phalanx.
Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
Kasasa, Ltd., a company based in Austin, Texas, is leading the unification of a powerful network of Community Financial Institutions that are re-establishing themselves as the go-to place for banking products and services. We are helping our customers Win the War against the Mega Banks! Our innovative and exciting products offer you a great opportunity to be part of a terrific team! Our culture is demanding and goal oriented. If you feel most alive when you generate results that many would say are impossible, then you will be a star here. If you want a place you can get by at 80% effort, please allow us to focus on more driven candidates.
The Senior Java Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, integration, testing and successful delivery of software product features and sub-systems at Kasasa. You will spend the majority of your time developing clean, well-designed, well-documented, reusable code. You will be writing your code following TDD practices and achieve the highest practical unit, integration and acceptance test coverage. You will lead the design and implementation of features and perform code reviews of others' design and code. You will participate in architectural reviews and discussions and propose improvements and solutions. You will provide leadership and mentorship to junior engineers. You will pair program with other engineers to share knowledge, improve the code, and develop features. You will participate as a member of a cross-functional Agile team consisting of software engineers, a scrum master and a product owner. You will work closely with your Product Owner to groom user stories - estimating, providing detail, and adding acceptance criteria.You will be responsible for the code from inception through deployment to integration, UAT, staging and production environments. You will help establish and improve software engineering standards and best practices. You will share knowledge with peers in dev shares, code dojos, and lightning rounds.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in Java EE development, including at least one Java framework (e.g. Spring).
- Excellent understanding of memory management, garbage collection, and performance tuning in Java.
- 5+ years of experience building, debugging and maintaining enterprise SaaS web applications.
- Experience with ORMs (e.g. Hibernate).
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON).
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design.
- Superb troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery in an agile software development environment.
- Possess a passion for leadership, learning and mentoring others
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Vue JS, Angular JS and other front-end frameworks.
- Understanding of UX design principles.
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell programming.
- Experience with data security and PCI compliance.
- Experience building software for banking and financial systems.
A Sampling of Our Benefits
- Working for one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
- Open Paid Time Off AND 11 paid holidays
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
- PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
- 401K plan with matching contributions
- Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform for Kasasa other work duties not specifically listed herein.
Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
No phone calls or agency inquiries please.
Meet Some of Kasasa's Employees
Marketing Operations Program Manager
Mission-bound to scale Kasasa's financial technology exponentially, Cristina promotes the company's innovative banking services to local financial institutions.
Back to top