Data Product Manager
Data Product Manager
Only the passionate need apply!
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants! We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us in our mission. Stronger together and united by core values, we are more than a team: We are a phalanx.
Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
The Data Product Manager is responsible for Kasasa's data strategy, which is the foundation of our entire product ecosystem. You'll partner with the Technology, Product Managers, Leadership, Marketing, Analytics and other members of our teams to define the vision, strategy, roadmap, development and governance of our data products.
To be successful, you must have a passion for all things data, communicate effectively with other product managers and consumer facing teams, and understand complex business problems and apply innovative thinking to solve those problems.
The ideal candidate understands that data is at the core of product development; not something one uses only in the post-hoc analysis of usage metrics and product performance measurement. You must be willing to get your hands dirty supporting internal and external data requests.
- Infuses the Patch Values into your work ethic, every day and every interaction.
- Develop strategies to create increased value to our institutions by further leveraging our current products and data sets.
- Design and develop data strategies that power a single consumer identity across products and consumer engagement channels.
- Research and recommend new data sources that will provide additional value to the Kasasa ecosystem and value prop.
- Define, communicate, and analyze success metrics for the consumer data platform.
- Help build a consistent and secure Master Data Management process and governance policy across organization.
- Provide support & expertise , interpret and share analyses to help in product management decision making.
- Be the go to person for questions about underlying systems and data.
- Engage with product managers and internal stakeholders to understand and document strategic needs and requirements for the data ecosystem.
- Partner with analytics to productize insight, claims, metrics and insight products.
- Serve as 'product expert' - respond to product and technical questions, including participation in sales and client calls/visits.
- Have a strong ecosystem focus when planning product strategy. Our solutions do not work in isolation. In this role, you should be able to work with technology and other product managers to develop your product enhancements and strategies.
- Have a high-level understanding of the technological infrastructure involved in building data products.
- Translate requirements between data scientists, engineers, designers, marketers, and other product managers.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of product management / software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with software solutions in the financial services, preferably banking.
- Previous experience with and knowledge of data warehouses and marketing data/analytics are both a strong plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills
- Ability to analyze business or technical problems to guide software development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to make presentations.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues at a high level.
- Must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.
- Sitting for extended periods of time; approximately 5-6 hours per day
- Simultaneous use of hand, wrist and fingers
- Daily operation of standard office equipment
- Frequent use of oral communication to perform work
- Lifts and moves up to 20 pounds occasionally
A Sampling of Our Benefits
- Working for one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
- Open Paid Time Off AND 11 paid holidays
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
- PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
- 401K plan with matching contributions
- Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform for Kasasa other work duties not specifically listed herein.
Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
No phone calls or agency inquiries please.
Back to top