Data Management Developer
Only the passionate need apply.
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants.
We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us in our mission.
Stronger as a whole and united by core values, we are more than a team. We are a phalanx. Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
Our Benefits Include:
• Working for one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
• Open Paid Time Off
• Gym Membership Reimbursement
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Spartan Development Plan
• Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
• 13 paid Holidays
• Stocked breakroom with excellent choices for snacks, breakfast and lunch options
• Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
• End of the month breakfast and catered lunch
• Beer:30 Fridays - Sudsy social hour each Friday where we mingle and hang out
• Chat & Chew - Thursday afternoon breaks with co-workers at extended snack bar
• YouEarnedIt - Recognize and Reward your coworkers in meaningful ways
• Philanthropic and Community Support
• Sponsored Volunteer Days
Health & Welfare
• PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
• Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
• 401K plan with matching contributions
• Flex Accounts - Medical and Dependent
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Ecosystem by designing, developing, enhancing, testing and implementing data centric components that create or enhance value to Kasasa and its clients. Some of the duties of the DMD include staging first-party data into Kasasa new Data Ecosystem, integrating new data from 3rd party sources, and creating new data services that power Kasasa's product suite.
The Data Management Developer will spend most their time developing clean, well-designed, well-documented, tested, reusable code in Kasasa's AGILE development environment. The DMD operates as part of a cross functional development team that includes Architecture, CloudOps (DevOps), Scrum Masters, Product Owners and other developers. They are expected to participate in architectural discussions, facilitating infrastructure improvements, contributing to AGILE ceremonies, and estimating and grooming new development work.
The Data Management Developer works in a team comprised of Data Management Developers, Data Warehouse Developers, and Data Warehouse Modelers and reports to Kasasa's Director of Data Management.
- Work directly with the Product Owner and Data Architects to translate Kasasa's strategic vision into actionable Data Management Team initiatives.
- Operate and develop in Kasasa's Data Ecosystem hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Create, maintain, and enhance Data Management Jobs for Kasasa's Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Participate in team Agile ceremonies
- Effectively communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications across the organization
- Optimize and tune performance for complex, distributed systems.
- Professional experience in cloud technologies - specifically AWS: S3, Lambda, RDS, and others
- 2 - 3 years of development experience in building enterprise applications using Python
- 2 - 3 years of development experience with in database integration - specifically MySQL, AWS Aurora
- 2+ years' experience testing data management in enterprise applications
- Experience or other knowledge of Big Data technology, specifically: Apache PIG
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML)
- History of Agile software development
- Proven experience with continuous deployment tools specifically: Rundeck
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to contribute and improve upon established systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Back to top