Cloud Software Architect
What would we expect of you?
- Champion best practices for AWS (deployment, security, etc.)
- Carry forward our DevOps culture to the cloud
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to our agile development teams
- Understand the value of CI, CD and DevOps
- Facilitate development of standards and practices
- Ensure governance and accountability to those standards
- Communicate clearly and collaborate with teams and stakeholders
- Promote solid automated testing practices
- Facilitate design sessions with developers and other architects
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and continuous improvement
- Optimize the end-to-end developer experience
- Identify and evaluate new technologies
- Mentor others
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Passionate about your craft
- Committed to quality and able to work with others achieve it
- Presentation skills a plus
- Contributions to open source software a plus. We’d love to see your code on GitHub.
- Often weighs several alternative solutions to a problem before choosing the best one
- Values the input of others, even if they are junior
- When you see a problem, you resolve to fix it and track it to completion.
- Never satisfied with mediocrity
- Have misused OOP patterns and principles enough to know when they apply or not
- Firm understanding of RESTful APIs
- Familiar with messaging patterns and distributed systems
- Been wrong enough times to realize you don’t know it all
- Not afraid to say “I don’t know”, but wise enough to google it after
- A continuous learner
- Others improve simply because they work with you
What type of technologies do we work with? (If you haven’t worked with all these technologies, that’s ok. We aren’t expecting you to know it all. Your ability and willingness to learn is what’s most important as an architect.)
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Amazon Redshift
- Automation: Jenkins, Rundeck, TeamCity
- IaaS: OpenStack, AWS
- Other: Puppet, Splunk, Consul
- Libraries/Frameworks: Spring / Spring Cloud
- Protocols: RESTful JSON, RabbitMQ (AMQP) Messaging
What's it like to work at Kasasa?
- We have a rich company culture.
- We have a “Chief Patch Officer”, who’s full time job is dedicated to making this the “best place to work in Austin”.
- The development culture is one of continuous learning and improving.
- We have 2-day Hackathon each quarter where we can work on whatever projects we feel would be beneficial, like learning a new technology or solving a business problem.
- We hold frequent "Lightning Talks" where you can present new ideas or technologies or simply learn from others
- We have a Book Club that meets weekly so we can learn together.
- We have been voted one of the Top 10 Best Places To Work in Austin for the last 2years in a row by the Austin Business Journal.
Back to top