Postgres Database Administrator
Karsun Solutions LLC is in the business of solving problems. Since 2009 as a premier consulting services company with a culture of innovation, Karsun is offering a portfolio of Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Karsun’s list of strong clientele includes U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. General Services Administration. Karsun combines years of institutional knowledge with a deep commitment to customer relationships, on every project. Karsun is an ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Level 3 Dev certified organization. Our collective ability and focus on “risk preemption” strategies makes it the perfect partner for any organization, be it a government agency or a private enterprise.
Karsun is seeking an experienced Database Administrator who will have an opportunity to support dynamic requirements and manage relational database management systems (specifically PostgreSQL) and data warehouse (specifically Amazon Redshift). Candidates will also enjoy working in an environment devoted to both individual and team success. Play a lead role designing and optimizing databases, database and application server platforms, supporting infrastructure products and Cloud Solutions.
• Manage patches and software upgrades
• Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
• Monitor and maintain the health of the databases and database server environments
• Implement and maintain database security (user management, role management)
• Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
• Design, Develop and implement databases
• Develop Conceptual Data Model, Logical Data Model, Physical Data Model
• Support application development teams with database queries, troubleshooting and optimization
• Prepare and maintain database documentation and standards and present technical briefings to the customer
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
• Support end users with data exports and reports
• Perform on-site, day-to-day production RedShift data warehouse administration tasks in an AWS environment, including maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, optimization, data migration and backup and recovery
NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract award and funding.
NOTE: This is not a remote position. This position will be located onsite in Washington D.C. during core business hours.
NOTE: This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. No C2H or C2C hires.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- Proven 7+ year track record of managing relational database management systems (specifically PostgreSQL) and data warehouse (specifically Amazon Redshift)
- At least 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Proven EXPERT level experience with and command of:
- PostgreSQL, including version 9+.
- Stored procedures, triggers, query optimization, indexing
- Structural/architectural expertise
- Database administration and security
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Postgres, AWS Cloud Services, AWS RDS, Redshift
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving the following: database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using performance monitor, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, and replication.
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation
- Create and Manage Redshift clusters
- Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Database architecture and implementation experience in a cloud environment
- Quick grasp of technical details at a system and component level
- Relevant Technical certifications
NOTE: Successful EOD/Public Trust clearance is required to start.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
Meet Some of Karsun Solutions's Employees
Director of Agile Transformation
Jason aims to grow Karsun’s enterprise IT services portfolio—specifically focusing on agile and DevOps, software development, cloud solutions, and advanced analytics practice.
Back to top