Java Software Engineer
Karsun Solutions - We are Enterprise Modernization Experts!
Our portfolio of long-term contracts help transform business enterprises.
Our Innovation Center provides freedom to explore and experiment.
Our culture is based on true work-life balance and opportunities to learn.
Karsun is a premier consulting services company with a reputation for innovation. We provide Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Our company is recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., as well as one of the most promising Government Consulting Solutions Providers. Karsun is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization.
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
- Performing architecture and design of large software components under the supervision of a Solution Architect.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks, and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Develops and executes Accepted Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality.
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
- 5+ years of work experience developing in Java and J2EE (full stack)
- Ability to obtain Public Trust
- Extensive working experience of developing java web servers (SOAP or RESTFul) using the Open source frameworks, e., Axis, CXF, and JAX-WS
- Extensive working experience in XML technologies, e., XML, XSD, XSL and JAXB, etc.
- Working experience in testing frameworks JUnit/TestNG
- Working experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
- Working experience in using JMS and messaging tools/software
- Working experience in JBoss
- Experience of Jira, Confluence
- Knowledge of Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools such as Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber
- Experience with Cloud, DevOps
- Experience with or exposure to CI/CD tools such as Ansible and Jenkins is an advantage
- Ability to work under challenging deadlines and constraints, to deliver
Qualifications (Education/ Experience)
- BA or BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Meet Some of Karsun Solutions's Employees
Director of Agile Transformation
Jason aims to grow Karsun’s enterprise IT services portfolio—specifically focusing on agile and DevOps, software development, cloud solutions, and advanced analytics practice.
Back to top