IT Security Specialist
Karsun Solutions - We are Enterprise Modernization Experts!
Our portfolio of long-term contracts help transform business enterprises.
Our Innovation Center provides freedom to explore and experiment.
Our culture is based on true work-life balance and opportunities to learn.
Karsun is a premier consulting services company with a reputation for innovation. We provide Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Our company is recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., as well as one of the most promising Government Consulting Solutions Providers. Karsun is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization.
IT Security Specialist, Security Compliance is responsible for helping ensure timely and effective security risk assessments of computer systems. Additionally, will prepare the necessary assessment reports, documenting the results associated with the assessment and provide peer review of teammates’ deliverables as needed. As a result of the assessments, will develop updates Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) tables and performs the validation and verification of remediation efforts to close POAMs as needed.
- In depth experience with security risk assessments using the NIST Framework
- Experience in several of the following areas is required: understanding of IT security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; secure system architecture, system engineering, system administration, configuration management, or agile application development experience; familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology.
- Experience reviewing and updating/editing security artifacts (i.e., Security Plans, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, e- Authentication workbook, FIPS 199 workbook, etc.)
- Experience validating artifacts submitted for POAM closure
Qualifications (Education / Experience)
- Bachelor's degree or in related field or equivalent and/or at least 8-15 years related experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust Clearance
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Meet Some of Karsun Solutions's Employees
Director of Agile Transformation
Jason aims to grow Karsun’s enterprise IT services portfolio—specifically focusing on agile and DevOps, software development, cloud solutions, and advanced analytics practice.
Back to top