Karsun Solutions LLC is in the business of solving problems. Since 2009 as a premier consulting services company with a culture of innovation, Karsun is offering a portfolio of Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Karsun’s list of strong clientele includes U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. General Services Administration. Karsun combines years of institutional knowledge with a deep commitment to customer relationships, on every project. Karsun is an ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Level 3 Dev certified organization. Our collective ability and focus on “risk preemption” strategies makes it the perfect partner for any organization, be it a government agency or a private enterprise.
Karsun is seeking an experienced Data Architect who will have an opportunity to support dynamic requirements and manage number of Database management systems (Commercial, Open Source, Cloud RDS) that support critical applications. Candidates will also enjoy working in an environment devoted to both individual and team success.
- Serves as the technical and technology expert supporting the database architecture and guide the management and improvement of the database solutions.
- Responsible for overseeing data design models, database architecture and data repository design, in addition to creating and testing various database prototypes.
- Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work such as cloud migration, commercial RDBMS to open source.
- Assist project managers in setting schedules for new technology adoption and prepare technical roadmaps
- In coordination with stakeholder & developers, continuously monitors and analyze solution fitness, while looking for ways to refactor and continuously improve the services.
- Ensures strategies, standards, and architecture are consistent and well integrated across products.
- Develop technical prototypes in various technologies including on database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks
- Advise customers on technical tradeoff of different approaches
- Help application developers to adopt new platforms through documentation, training, and mentoring
- Differentiate and balance customer & engineering side cultures
- Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract award and funding
NOTE: This is not a remote position. This position will be located onsite in Washington D.C. during core business hours.
NOTE: This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. No C2H or C2C hires.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery and architecture
- 10+ years of experience in developing, administering databases (RDBMS commercial and open source) in various operating system environments, such as Unix, Linux, Solaris and Microsoft Windows
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with the following:
- Hands on experience with clustering, replication and establishment of high availability architecture
- Hands on experience with performance management tools
- Working knowledge of storage, network management, distributed databases and processing
- Working knowledge of database warehouse systems, data transfer tools and techniques
- Practical knowledge of migration of large quantity of data (in Terabytes)
- Working experience of establishing and documenting data standards while working with systems and database administration staff to implement, coordinate and maintain enterprise wide data architecture
- 2+ years of experience in building big data technologies, particularly in open source technologies using Hadoop
- Deep understanding of industry trends for data architecture
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical details
- Ability to come up with a detailed architecture that includes infra, security, disaster recovery/BCP plan
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Architecture and implementation experience in a cloud environment
- Automated build and deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Relevant technical certification
NOTE: Successful EOD/Public Trust clearance is required to start.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
Meet Some of Karsun Solutions's Employees
Alina bridges the gap between IT and business. She works alongside senior business leads to break down high-level requirements and produce deliverables.
Back to top