VP, Client Development
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, creative and solutions-oriented marketer to join our client development team! This person will be responsible for developing inspiring, innovative and strategic digital marketing campaigns for top tier advertisers as well as lead go-to-market strategies for new products releases. Reports directly to the SVP of Marketing.
- Lead and manage our sales strategy and product marketing team members
- Spearhead idea & proposal development for RFPs, and strategic client meetings
- Lead creative brainstorms to come up with original, inspiring ideas that meet advertiser’s objectives and leverage our best assets
- Work with senior management on defining go-to-market strategies around successful product and feature launches
- Partner with product leadership to make insights driven business decisions in conjunction with market trends to define a strategic narrative to our customers
- Prepare relevant sales collateral and proposed media plans for clients and agencies
- Work with National sales team to build relationships, pitch ideas and increase selling opportunities – regularly participating in client meetings
- Own all of the sales presentations and selling collateral, and leverage your expertise and presentation-development skills to deliver comprehensive, strategic, and exciting pitch decks, one-sheets and newsletters
- Work with Design to create impactful sales comps, and Research to craft compelling data-driven stories
- Act as the sales product gate-keeper by understanding all of the functionality and best practices for each product we sell
- Partner with internal teams (product, design, community, video etc.) to develop new, sellable products that align with our value prop
- Communicate details to front-line sales and externally to clients
- Serve as a point person with post-sale/execution teams to ensure new ideas and programs are being implemented and client needs are being met
- Actively participate & contribute recommendations on new account development and sales product development to sales leadership
- Provide thought leadership about digital advertising, new platforms and technologies, emerging trends and more
Required Skills & Competencies:
- 5+ years online sales marketing experience
- 2+ years managing a team
- Experience in developing strategic, creative, innovative and effective proposals and marketing materials for an advertising sales team in an online media company. Prior experience for a consumer-facing, ad-supported website or with a digital ad agency preferred.
- Ability to develop concepts and ideas that are effective online and deliver value to our advertisers and users
- Self-motivator with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Highly creative and strategic; proactive; strong organizational skills; effective communicator
- Expert in MS PowerPoint – a must – and all other MS Office Tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider’s “Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups” list (2015 and 2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Auckland and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo)."
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
VP, Finance & Business Operations
Neal heads Kargo’s financial and business operations by crunching numbers to see which strategies are working now—and what can be done to support the company’s future.
Back to top