Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements on prestigious lists and by winning prominent awards, including: the Inc. 500 list (2015 and 2016), the Entrepreneur 360 list (2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY 2016 award and Business Insider’s “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” list (2015 and 2016). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and Linkedin.
The Position: As a system engineer at Kargo, you will be responsible for building the very foundation on which our engineering department and its products will run. You will be engineering our cloud infrastructure to be durable, scalable, and easy to manage. Some of the tasks required to achieve this goal:
- Take ownership over the monitoring and logging tools that the rest of department will use to gain insight into our environments
- Improve the scalability and durability of our systems via infrastructure updates. We’re cloud first and hosted on Amazon Web Services
- Help the data engineering team deploy Apache Spark based machine learning systems
- Has worked with a cloud provider for at least 3 years. Bonus points for AWS experience.
- Very strong in a Linux environment, including experience with scripting.
- Programming skills in at least one of the major scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, Node, etc)
- Has worked with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Bamboo, Team City, etc.
- An understanding of all major Web standard protocols, web servers (Apache/Nginx) and load balancing.
- Experience with Docker in a production environment using a clustering product such as Mesos, ECS, Kubernetes, Swarm etc.
- Experience designing a continuous integration/deployment process from scratch
- Experience managing large scale data storage and processing systems such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, or Amazon Redshift
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
VP, Finance & Business Operations
Neal heads Kargo’s financial and business operations by crunching numbers to see which strategies are working now—and what can be done to support the company’s future.
Back to top