Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology, and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo's high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company's growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider's "Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups" list (2015 and 2016), the Crain's New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland, and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
Summary of Job's Purpose:
We are searching for a talented self-starter to join our team as Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition in our NYC (Union Square) headquarters. As part of the People Operations team, this role will own the Talent function for Kargo Global and will partner closely with the HR function on a daily basis. This person must be a dynamic thinker; comfortable in both granular tasks and strategic thinking. The right candidate will build relationships with internal managers to learn the ins and outs of their departments and understand and anticipate hiring needs. This role will serve as a brand ambassador and talent scout externally and business partner internally.
- Source, screen and hire the strongest candidates for all roles across Kargo using a combination of best practices, experience, technology and personal touch. This person must have a proven track record of recruiting across various disciplines.
- Must be comfortable working with a dynamic group of hiring managers and stakeholders, ranging from first-time hiring managers to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Continuously educate and train hiring managers and interview panels on recruiting best practices and guidelines.
- Build and maintain relationships with hiring managers from various departments to fill open headcount and anticipate longer term hiring needs.
- Design and execute the selection and recruiting processes for all level searches across the organization - no role is too big or too small.
- Manage all recruiting technology platforms and relationships including Hired, Linkedin Recruiter and Jazz platform management & act as main point of contact.
- Work with hiring managers to create robust job and candidate specifications, set research and talent engagement strategies, qualify and present candidates, run the interview processes, negotiate offers, and develop customized closing strategies leveraging internal resources while partnering with the Manager, People Operations.
- Provide best-in-class service to candidates, hiring managers, stakeholders, and interviewers. Champion "candidate experience" from initial outreach to offer, ensuring that all candidates are met with consistent and timely feedback, communication and expectations.
- Create and manage the talent pipeline through ongoing communications with key stakeholders including the Executive Team.
- Research, identify and develop relationships with prospective candidates for active searches through targeted company research, passive outreach, industry networking, and internal sources. Effectively manage the Kargo Referral Program.
- Develop and execute Kargo branding and networking strategy. Build an annual calendar of the HR/Recruiting events (e.g., meetups, happy hours, career fairs, LinkedIn presence, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of mid-level recruiting experience or above.
- Strategic thinker who can support and refine an end-to-end recruiting, interviewing and hiring process.
- Exemplary track record in recruiting for all levels of talent ranging from coordinator level to VP/Executive level.
- Experience utilizing various recruitment and ATS platforms including but not limited to Linkedin Recruiter, JazzHR or similar ATS software.
- Confidence in your sourcing & recruiting skills, able to provide professional guidance to hiring managers with a strong customer service orientation.
- Excels in high-volume recruiting in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in (ad) tech, creative, or startup environment (a plus but not required).
See Inside the Office of Kargo
Big ideas for small screens. That's how Kargo helps brands break through—by fusing creativity, technology, and quality to design brilliant custom experiences and deliver them at scale across the world's best editorial sites and apps. The company's campaigns are award-winning, the technology is game changing, and the performance is industry-leading.
Back to top