Software Engineer in Test
- New York, NY
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology, and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo's high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company's growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider's "Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups" list (2015 and 2016), the Crain's New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland, and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
Summary of Job's Purpose:
As a Software Engineer in Test, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the quality of our proprietary software prior to delivery to the user and/or partners. This position involves close interaction with engineers, project managers, product owners, and the SET team.
Ensure the quality of business-critical software that is both external and internal facing.
Work with Product Managers, Engineers, Tech Ops, and Project Managers throughout the SDLC to promote quality products. We seek an energetic self-starter with an interest in automation technologies.
- Attend sprint planning, execution, and retrospectives
- Analyze, document, and submit issues discovered during testing
- Verify and close issues resolved during the release cycle
- Analyze project specifications, software requirements specifications, and software prototypes and build test plans and test cases based on the analysis
- Execute test plans, test cases, defects, and status reporting
- Write detailed test cases and defects
- Build and maintain automated testing systems
- B.S or higher in Computer Science, or computer-related degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 1-3 years of software testing experience with Automation focus
- Strong communication skills required to communicate with technical teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective technical aptitude, organization, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Robust knowledge of manual and automation processes
- Knowledge of web application debugging via Chrome DevTools or other web developer debugging tools
- System integration testing experience
- Technical competency and experience with web applications, micro-services (JS, node.js, XML and SQL) a must.
- Knowledge of REST clients
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with little direction
Back to top