Senior Software Engineer (Ad Server)
- New York, NY
Kargo unites the world's leading brands and premium publishers on mobile devices using innovative creative ad formats. At Kargo, we're all about bringing together the best of the best with a spark of creativity to stand out from the crowd. The same is true for our employees. What makes Kargo and each Kargo team member exceptional makes our company special. Kargo believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to diversity in the workplace. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Kargo is 200 employees strong across offices in New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Sydney, and Auckland. But we’re not stopping there, so stay tuned as we expand our map and our team.
Summary of Job’s Purpose:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for taking on a leading role in one or more of Kargo’s products and will be integral in mentoring and guiding others. We are building sustainable, reusable, and scalable codebases in an agile environment and are true believers of doing it right the first time. We want our engineers to be self-starters, eager learners, who will grow with our company.
You should be comfortable working alongside Engineering, Product, and Design teams to develop clean code. Ultimately, you will help shape and define our creative and collaborative processes and will follow a best practice approach to producing high-performing products
- You are a seasoned software engineer who writes clean and effective code.
- Your experience working with multiple language and frameworks helps you understand which is the right tool/language for whichever is the problem at hand.
- You have a strong understanding of software design patterns and are able to clearly communicate guidelines and best practices that the whole team should follow.
- You have strong analytical skills that help in identifying where and when to fix a bug vs when it makes sense to refactor the codebase to prevent similar issues in the future.
- You have experience working on both frontend and backend, and understand how to architect a larger system.
- You are expected to be able to work with other team members to fix and deploy any bugs or features that come your way, as well as to set Best Practices and help improve upon the way we build products.
- You will participate in architecture planning, code reviews, and learning sessions to help spread knowledge.
- You will identify and initiate investigations into new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver exceptional user experiences.
- B.S or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 5-8 years of experience working in the Software industry or a related field.
- Strong portfolio (i.e. Github) demonstrating past work experience
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, including QA and deployment processes.
- Experience reviewing other developers’ code and mentoring more junior developers.
- Robust algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Expert in either Go or C++ in large-scale systems
- Experience working in a Dockerized Kubernetes environment on AWS is a major plus
- Familiarity with the current technical capabilities and limitations of mobile devices - “what works where” across devices, OS versions, platforms, SDKs, and mobile web
- Ability to take a loosely defined idea from the brainstorming phase to production, including the architecture plan, development, and testing process.
- A clean sense of design aesthetics and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively.
Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including:
- Three MMA Smarties (2018)
- AdWeek Innovative Mobile Ad Player (2017)
- Best Places to Work in NYC (2017)
- Business Insider Hottest Pre-IPO Ad Tech Startups (2016),
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (2016)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top