- New York, NY
Kargo unites the world's leading brands and premium publishers on mobile devices using innovative creative ad formats. At Kargo, we're all about bringing together the best of the best with a spark of creativity to stand out from the crowd. The same is true for our employees. What makes Kargo and each Kargo team member exceptional makes our company special. Kargo believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to diversity in the workplace. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Kargo is 200 employees strong across offices in New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Sydney, and Auckland. But we’re not stopping there, so stay tuned as we expand our map and our team
Summary of Job’s Purpose:
Kargo is looking for a dynamic and passionate researcher to join its Operations team– a strategic, cross-functional group that directly supports multiple functions of the business.
We are looking for a confident individual with a strong market research background who understands the value of uncovering valuable insights from internal and external data. This position requires an analytical and strategic mind that is able to absorb large amounts and varied sources of data, while having the capability to see beyond the data to provide insights. Successful candidates will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical.
The Research Manager will work closely with the Client Services, Campaign Management, and Sales Teams and will be responsible for synthesizing and delivering compelling insights and stories that support Kargo’s business, derived from both primary and external data. This position will be based in our New York office.
- Liaise with industry research vendors daily to assess feasibility, activate campaigns, monitor optimizations, and present findings
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Product to ensure the success of Kargo
- Participate in and lead client-facing strategy sessions, campaign kick-off meetings and end of campaign result presentations to further relationships with advertisers
- Work internally with the sales teams to consult on client learning agendas and serve as the research, data, and insights expert
- Establish processes and work closely with internal operations teams to ensure technical campaign setup and tracking
- Internal research expert to stakeholders, surfacing trends, consumer insights and opportunities from primary research and syndicated sources.
- Identify, investigate, and evaluate new media measurement models, data sources, and research partners. Draft POVs of your findings
- Direct experience with research services like comScore, Nielsen, Dynata, Millward Brown Digital, Placed, Samba, eMarketer etc.
- Knowledge of Google Ad Manager and technical campaign setup
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems and keep ahead of industry trends
- Experience supporting advertising agencies and sales/business development teams with consumer insight initiatives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable ability to motivate high performing teams
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Excel expert user and ability to extract and manipulate data with a high degree of accuracy
Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including:
- Three MMA Smarties (2018)
- AdWeek Innovative Mobile Ad Player (2017)
- Best Places to Work in NYC (2017)
- Business Insider Hottest Pre-IPO Ad Tech Startups (2016),
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (2016)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top