Quality Assurance (QA) DevOps Engineer
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
As a Quality Assurance DevOps Engineer at Kargo, you will have primary responsibilities for ensuring a smooth transition of our continuous integration (CI) process from our offshore partner to onshore. This position involves close interaction with offshore partners, development, and QA team. We seek an energetic self-starter with an interest in automation technologies related to cloud computing, analytics, and other emerging technologies.
- - Lead the effort to bring CI infrastructure in house
- - Maintain our CI in house
- - Write and execute scripts (perl, shell, python, etc)
- - Write and execute automation scripts
- - Co-ordinate and work with offshore partner
- Experience working in an AWS environment
- Base knowledge of containers, specifically docker, and its orchestration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code
- Scripting skills (perl, shell, python, etc)
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Technical competency and experience with web applications, web services, Java, JS, node.js, J2EE, XML, and DB
- Experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks
- Strong experience writing and executing detailed test cases and test design documents for back and front end testing
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery systems, creating Jenkins jobs to automate deployment processes
- Working experience with Git
- Experience using data driven tests to validate API calls both manually and using automation tools.
- Excellent knowledge of QA methods and practices in an agile environment
- Programming experience in Java
- Experience working within a fast-paced Agile/SCRUM system
- Working knowledge unit testing frameworks (Junit, TestNG, etc)
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Tal makes technical products marketable so other businesses can leverage them to up the advertising game. She also enhances products for mobile advertising through customer feedback.
Back to top