- New York, NY
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo's high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company's growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider's "Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups" list (2015 and 2016), the Crain's New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Auckland and Sydney.
Summary of Job's Purpose:
As a Product Manager on the team, you will lead and own the product vision, goals and roadmap for one or more products and/or customer segments. Drive product success from ideation to launch efforts, including research, requirements definition, metrics analysis, and working with project, design, engineering, QA, product marketing, and other key stakeholders to facilitate development, testing and launch efforts.
Our product teams strive to be empowered & not feature-based. You will have the flexibility and freedom to identify the biggest problems our customers are facing and come up with innovative and unique solutions to solve these problems within the context of our company vision.
- Own day-to-day iteration of one or more products and/or customer segments;
- work with customers, business stakeholders, project, engineering, and design teams to discover, define, and organize product innovations and iterations.
- handle requirements gathering and documentation, in the form of user stores, flowcharts, wireframes, etc.,
- and prepare team sprints and maintain a healthy backlog.
- Maintain, evolve, and communicate product vision and roadmap to the broader organization.
- Work with product marketing on go-to-market strategy and take a proactive role in the continued success of your product(s) post-launch.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other product managers on major business initiatives requiring complex, multi-faceted solutions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Kargo's overall business strategy and the broader advertising technology space and develop new products and evolve existing products in order to drive success in a highly competitive market.
- Monitor and report on product metrics and business KPIs on a weekly/monthly basis.
- 3-5 years of experience in product and project management including experience leading cross-functional initiatives and teams
- Proven ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business, and the competitive landscape.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products to the market.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope business, technical requirements and prioritize project work.
- Strong understanding and experience with product management techniques especially as it relates to SCRUM and agile.
- Execution focused, owner mentality and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
- Background in advertising technology preferred.
Back to top