Manager, Programmatic Operations
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
The ideal candidate is an analytics guru, seasoned in working with large data sets to analyze and pull macro insights leading to technical solutions and to support decision making. This position requires a candidate who has a depth of knowledge about the programmatic media buying landscape and experience troubleshooting digital or programmatic in all facets. This is a highly cross-functional role the Programmatic Operations manager will need to interact with Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Finance, Publisher, and Executive leadership teams. Superior communication and presentation skills along with the ability to communicate technical details to internal and external players is key.
- Spearhead SSP operations within platform
- Serve as a technical expert and gatekeeper of the Kargo SSP (KSSP), with a pulse on its operations, performance and volume at all times
- Introduces best practices and opportunities for improvement of KSSP
- Day to day management of the programmatic analyst team.
- Stay abreast of changes in the programmatic landscape and adding to the group’s knowledge of all things programmatic
- Serve as a point of escalation for all technical troubleshooting of the KSSP with internal and external POCs
- The Manager of programmatic operations maintains the organization of the group and drives projects/initiatives to completion.
- Closely monitor daily programmatic revenue to ensure it’s on pace with targets, and understanding/analyzing revenue dips and spikes.
- Conduct Weekly/Bi-Weekly/Ad hoc meetings with internal teams to ensure the resolution of all outstanding technical issues, provide status of existing initiatives and set agenda on key technical projects moving forward
- Proactively communicate and educate salesforce and product teams in an effort to develop strategic programmatic products, feature improvements, and roadmap
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the Product team to shape and define the SSP’s requirements
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to define product requirements and enhancements, ensuring we are creating the most competitive offering in the marketplace
- Tracking and reporting on impact of product changes on revenue and business metrics
- 2-3+ years of experience in programmatic analytics, buying, or revenue operations
- Solid understanding of statistics and data analysis to inform decision making and insights
- Advanced Excel knowledge, SQL is a plus
- Familiarity with RTB Open Exchange Protocol
- Leadership and management skills, with 2+ years of direct management experience
- Proficient in the programmatic media ecosystem (including exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, trading desks, 1st and 3rd party data, etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to address both business and technical audiences
- Strong analytical thinking, strategic problem solving, organizational, and time management skills
- Previous publisher experience a plus, especially previous work within SSPs/DSPs
- Mobile experience is preferred
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Tal makes technical products marketable so other businesses can leverage them to up the advertising game. She also enhances products for mobile advertising through customer feedback.
Back to top