Senior Software Engineer
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a penchant for pushing the envelope.... That’s why we need you!
As a Senior Software Engineer working at Kargo, you will be responsible for taking our products & software to the next level. You’ll be working in a scalable, high-traffic environment to develop solutions for legitimately interesting problems using cutting edge technology. Are you still reading? Awesome.
- An Architect - You love building things. Whether that be a penthouse feature on an established codebase or the foundations of a new endeavor, you’re the person for the job.
- A Tester’s Tester - You know code isn’t done until you’ve got it covered, and you take testing as seriously as we do. Whether you use TDD, BDD, or an entirely different acronym, you know how to write and maintain a suite of solid tests.
- Performance Obsessed - It’s the itch you can’t scratch. Getting a page to load 100ms faster, increasing FPS, and busting bottlenecks is a solid day for you.
- An Exterminator - You’re the one they call when a build fails and no one knows why. You can cut to the heart of the issue with little more than an inspector and a set of reproduction steps.
- 5+ years experience
- Compsci degree or equivalent background
- Previous AdTech/Advertising experience a plus
Tech We Use:
- We use a wide variety of technology at Kargo, and we’re always open to trying new stuff. Here are some of the technologies we use today:
- On the Front End:
- Angular 2/Angular
- On the Back End:
- And almost all of AWS
Back to top