- New York, NY
Kargo unites the world's leading brands and premium publishers on mobile devices using innovative creative ad formats. At Kargo, we're all about bringing together the best of the best with a spark of creativity to stand out from the crowd. The same is true for our employees. What makes Kargo and each Kargo team member exceptional makes our company special. Kargo believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to diversity in the workplace. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Kargo is 200 employees strong across offices in New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Sydney, and Auckland. But we’re not stopping there, so stay tuned as we expand our map and our team.
Summary of Job’s Purpose:
As an Engineering Manager, you will help lead Kargo’s technology products and manage members of our engineering team. You will be responsible for training, recruiting, and developing your team’s skill-sets and will be successful if and only if your team is successful. We want our engineers to be self-starters and eager learners who will grow with our company. As a manager, it is your day to day responsibility to ensure that the team is productive, positive, and most importantly - always learning and improving.
You should be comfortable working alongside Engineering, Product, QA, and Design teams to develop clean code. Ultimately, you will help shape and define our creative and collaborative processes and will follow a best practice approach to producing high-performing products.
- You are a seasoned software engineer who writes clean and effective code.
- You are expected to be a teacher and to be able to clearly communicate our company’s priorities with your team, detailing how they can contribute to the success of the organization.
- Your experience working with multiple languages and frameworks helps you understand which is the right tool/language for whichever is the problem at hand.
- You will be responsible for the productivity of the engineers reporting to you. Keeping them engaged and excited about the work will be a priority.
- You have a strong understanding of software design patterns and are able to clearly communicate guidelines and best practices that the whole team should follow.
- You have strong analytical skills that help in identifying where and when to fix a bug vs when it makes sense to refactor the codebase to prevent similar issues in the future.
- You have experience working on both frontend and backend, and understand how to architect a larger system.
- You are expected to help guide Best Practices and help improve upon the way we build products.
- You will participate in architecture planning, code reviews, and learning sessions to help spread knowledge.
- You are expected to be a mentor to others on your team - both by fielding questions as well as by proactively identifying situations where more junior developers may need your help.
- B.S or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 6 years of experience working in the Software industry or a related field.
- At least 2 years managing a team of engineers, with a knowledge of how to perform 1:1’s, give feedback, and manage performance.
- Strong portfolio (i.e. Github) demonstrating past work experience
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, including QA and deployment processes with a robust algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Experience reviewing other developers’ code and mentoring more junior developers.
- Expert in either Go or C++ in large-scale systems
- Experience working in a Dockerized Kubernetes environment on AWS is a major plus
- Ability to take a loosely defined idea from the brainstorming phase to production, including the architecture plan, development, and testing process.
- A clean sense of design aesthetics and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively.
Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including:
- Three MMA Smarties (2018)
- AdWeek Innovative Mobile Ad Player (2017)
- Best Places to Work in NYC (2017)
- Business Insider Hottest Pre-IPO Ad Tech Startups (2016),
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (2016)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top