Director/Sr. Director of Corporate Communications
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
We’re looking for a seasoned communications expert who can align our corporate communications strategy with our company and marketing goals. This candidate will develop and execute innovative, proactive, and strategic B2B programs leveraging traditional and new media as well as develop and support internal communications programs. This role will also serve as a key liaison with our external PR agency.
The Director/Senior Director of Corporate Communications at Kargo will drive a consistent and positive brand reputation by ensuring that Kargo achieves and maintains the highest share of voice in the ad tech category.
- Functional areas of responsibility include: Public Relations, Social Media, Internal Communications, Thought Leadership, Content Marketing
- Develop a strategic, integrated communication plan that executes outreach to national business, trade, technology and social influencers
- Experience in ad tech, art or fashion a plus
- Develop and execute a scalable, global media relations plan in coordination with external PR team
- Demonstrate experience developing and executing internal and external communications programs within scope and budget.
- Demonstrate knowledge of technology to enable and improve both external and internal communications; corporate intranet, landing pages, social media
- Demonstrate results increasing company awareness through press and social media
- Ability to work with customers to develop case studies, bylined articles and press stories
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently
- Experience leading cross-functional teams as well as direct employees and agencies
- Experience in working with a broad cross-section of media/influencers with well-developed skills in building and extending media/influencer relationships
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, key message and content development for internal and external audiences
- Experience in effectively handling high-profile communications issues, demonstrating sound judgment and persuasive counseling to senior management
- Strong leadership, spokesperson, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects through highly effective organizational skills
- 5-7 years of professional experience in corporate communications
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Tal makes technical products marketable so other businesses can leverage them to up the advertising game. She also enhances products for mobile advertising through customer feedback.
Back to top