Deputy General Counsel
Kargo is the only mobile advertising company that creates groundbreakingly innovative campaigns for over 200 of the world’s best-known brands and partners exclusively with a handpicked consortium of over 70 of the most highly respected publishers in the industry, reaching 100% of all smartphone users, an audience that eclipses Google and Facebook in terms of scale. Kargo is the first and only mobile advertiser to achieve 100% ads.txt compliance.
Kargo’s achievements have been recognized by some of the industry’s most prestigious awards and rankings including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 (2015-2017), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (2016, 2017), EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and Inc. 5000 (2015-2017). Kargo employs over 275 people in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Detroit, Dallas, London, Sydney and Auckland.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
Kargo is looking for a commercially minded, diligent, creative problem solver who has a passion to build something to be our Deputy General Counsel. We are looking for strategic thinkers, doers and closers. As Deputy General Counsel, you will run the day-to-day legal function. Your job will be to assist in the setting of and then go and implement the global legal strategy across all lines of Kargo’s business. You will help create and advise on best practices, play an integral role in facilitating growth and mitigating risk, and align business strategy from a legal perspective. This means getting your hands dirty and guiding the business for the long-term, while protecting the company from undue risk.
- The Deputy General Counsel will be responsible for helping establish and then executing on Kargo's legal strategy, which should be rooted in a hands-on, solutions oriented approach whereby the Deputy GC understands Kargo’s business model, what people actually do and need, where the risks actually are, and acts as a business-minded partner who provides a course of action to get things done.
- Oversee and manage outside counsel to remain under budget.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements covering all of Kargo’s commercial activities: advertising sales, publisher, ad tech, licensing, intellectual property licensing, SaaS, real estate and development, services, partner, and vendor agreements.
- Manage and protect the company’s portfolio of IP.
- Advise on HR and employment related issues.
- Manage, strategize and advise on all litigation matters.
- Advice on all aspects of Kargo’s data privacy considerations worldwide.
- Assist in the management of corporate matters, including corporate minutes, governance issues, shareholding, fundraising, and the like.
- Manage multiple deals effectively in a fast-paced environment to ensure the accurate completion and timely execution of business initiatives.
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy.
- Anticipate and identify issues and risks, recommending potential solutions.
- Stay abreast of trends in the industry and areas of law relating to mobile technology, digital advertising, and data / privacy.
- JD from a top law school with excellent academic credentials and references and New York bar admission
- Eight (8)+ years’ legal experience at a combination of a major law firm and in-house at a start-up (preferably) and/or ad tech company.
- Proven record of success as an in-house counsel.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, team player, with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- We are looking for someone detail oriented who will see around corners, self-educate, push back on the business, have an opinion and most of all be decisive. If you have not consistently exhibited these traits you will not be successful in this role.
- Experience in data privacy.
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
VP, Finance & Business Operations
Neal heads Kargo’s financial and business operations by crunching numbers to see which strategies are working now—and what can be done to support the company’s future.
Back to top