Associate Software Engineer
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences.
In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
Who We Are:
- We are scientists who enjoy researching and solving hard problems.
- We prototype, experiment, and learn. Then we try again.
- We are the team that powers bespoke mobile advertising experience for premium content publishers.
- Our client and server side software is mission critical for the site and advertising performance. Thus we are obsessed with quality and performance of our code.
- We are fearlessly full stack. We believe any language/framework a couple of weeks and a book or two away.
- Our industry is fast-paced. And so we are. We take no prisoners.
- Most importantly we love working and hanging together.
Who You Are:
- You are a strong software engineer who writes clean and effective code.
- You are pragmatic. You use whatever language/framework best solves the problem at hand.
- “One hundred years from now, our engineering may seem as archaic as the techniques used by medieval cathedral builders seem to today's civil engineers, while our craftsmanship will still be honored.”
- If you don’t know the quote above, you will find and read the book because you have a constant desire to learn and grow.
- You are fearless. You understand that experimentation and making mistakes is the only path to achieve successful software products.
- You are a team player, enjoy collaborating, teaching, and learning from others.
- B.S or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent work experience)
- Robust algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Understanding of distributed modern services
- Proficiency in one of Go, C++, or Java
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in Python or Node is plus
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell environment with version control (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Cassandra
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated energetic team player
Back to top