Associate Product Manager, Ad Innovation
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
This role requires someone who is a self-starter, and who will learn to understand Ad Innovation from all angles including opportunity assessment, technical implementation, user experience, revenue generation and more. The Associate Product Manager will gain broad exposure internally, interacting with every internal department at Kargo, and your contributions will directly impact the success of Kargo’s Ad Products.
- Work efficiently with a team of engineers, designers, and Product leads to cultivate a collaborative work environment.
- Gather, document and track business requirements for new features.
- Develop feature specs and write acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Assist product leads in gathering competitive intel, data analysis and industry research for new products.
- Grow and maintain a detailed product backlog for mobile ad products.
- Collaborate with Product leadership to map new product features back to Kargo’s ad technology roadmap
- Actively participate with the technology team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming and other project-related meetings.
- Communicate with all internal teams to make sure that all product launches are released seamlessly by informing all stakeholders, helping to lead product trainings and tracking metrics for success
- 1+ years professional experience working in technology, advertising or on digital products
- Experience working directly with product management, engineering or design/ UX Teams
- Fast-on-their feet and can understand the broad picture but also be detail oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all other departments
- Proficient project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Self-starter who doesn’t shy from taking initiative, and have an enthusiasm for collaboration
- Intermediate working knowledge of PowerPoint to create visuals and build out clean presentations
- Competent with software development and documentation tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Github, etc.
Back to top