Analyst, Ad Sales Research
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology, and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today—the phone. Through our high-end editorial alliance composed of world-class publisher partners, as well as our proprietary advertising automation technology and award-winning creative studio, we enable brands and agencies to reach eight out of 10 smartphone users in the US with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain's NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York, by Inc. magazine as one of the 500 fastest growing companies in the US, and by Business Insider as one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech” companies of 2015.
Kargo is looking for a dynamic and passionate researcher to join its Research team – a strategic, cross-functional group that directly supports multiple functions of the business
We are looking for a confident individual with a strong market research background who understands the value of uncovering valuable insights from internal and external data. This position requires an analytical and strategic mind that is able to absorb large amounts and varied sources of data while having the capability to see beyond the data to provide insights. Successful candidates will possess a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical.
The Research Analyst will report to the Manager or Vice President of Research and will work closely with Sales and Marketing Teams. S/he will be responsible for synthesizing and delivering compelling insights and stories that support Kargo’s business, derived from both primary and external data. This position will be based in our New York or Chicago office.
- Provide support in all stages of ad effectiveness research, including study design, field management, analysis, and client deliverables.
- Support Research Manager in day-to-day management of brand surveys, closed loop measurement, creative testing, and other ad effectiveness research.
- Mine, analyze and deliver data and insights that inform sales and marketing strategies.
- Extract conceptual insights from large and diversified data/results, provide hypothesis, and use data insights to answer business questions
- Deliver on-time, strategic and integrated presentations for internal teams, publishers, and advertising clients
- Conduct data mining and analysis to provide deliverables for thought leadership projects and other research initiatives
- Provide media insights, segment analysis, and other digestible insights on a reoccurring basis
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in a quantitative field of study including business, marketing, statistics, math, economics or a related discipline. Masters degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years experience in data and market analysis, consulting and/or market research roles, digital media, marketing and advertising field preferred
- Experience working with third-party providers, including Millward Brown Digital (Dynamic Logic, Insight Express), Research Now, comScore, Datalogix (Oracle), Nielsen Catalina Solutions, Placed, etc.
- Experienced in audience and media measurement including internal and 3rd party traffic and engagement data (i.e. comScore Mobile Metrix, vCE, DAR)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- A good understanding of the digital landscape, mobile space and digital advertising
Meet Some of Kargo's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Tal makes technical products marketable so other businesses can leverage them to up the advertising game. She also enhances products for mobile advertising through customer feedback.
Back to top