The Pre-Media Artist is a technical, production-based role.
Shift details: Regularly starts at 11:00 am; overtime including nights and weekends may be required based on client needs.
The Pre-Media Artist manipulates client-supplied art optimizing it for efficient and correct film and digital output that will be used by the proofing and mock-up departments. Pre-Media Artists use their experience with a client's projects and their background in computer artwork production to offer creative solutions and direction beyond that which the client has supplied.
- Pre-flight client files and evaluate artwork based on the requirements of the job. Determine if supplied artwork is acceptable and make recommendations to solve problems and complete projects
- Analyze construction of client files and modify when needed; requiring advanced skills in Illustrator and Photoshop and proficiency in art creation and color correction
- Analyze client files and make adjustments to digital files to achieve proper color conversion, image placement, and corrections
- Use of a variety of output devices: image setters, densitometers, color copiers, and large format inkjet printers
- Maintenance of image setters, film processors, color printers and inkjet printers
- Vendor contact and ordering of paper, film, and inkjet supplies
- Advanced knowledge in Photoshop and Illustrator with an emphasis on image creation, color correction, and spot colors for packaging
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized (in fact, if you are reading this, put "Excited to begin my adventure at Kaleidoscope!" in your cover letter)
- Must be customer-focused with a desire to produce the highest quality product in the industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years minimum Illustrator and Photoshop experience
- 5+ years professional experience
At Kaleidoscope, we continuously strive to build a performance-driven culture of talented and creative staff who are passionate about making a positive impact on our clients' businesses through design thinking and the art of making. That is our true North; our guiding principle.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We want you to be the absolute best you can be, so our commitment to our team's personal growth & development is our #1 priority.
We've upped the ante on our benefits package from our paid time off, to medical and dental coverage, parental leave, all the way to our employer match for 401k. And don't forget to bring your dog!
Whether it's referral bonuses, peer-to-peer recognition and rewards, or our coveted Marco Polo Award, we want to acknowledge the hard work and effort our team puts in every day.
We understand the value in exploring the road less traveled, asking the right questions, and thinking outside of the box to explore new ideas.
We're passionate about giving back to the communities that we belong to, whether it's our city, neighborhood, or the design community.
Year in and year out, our employees credit their colleagues as the top reason why they love working here.
We believe the recipe for best-in-class creative starts with the people that walk in the door every morning. If you're looking to make a difference, be part of a growing and dynamic team, we'd love to start a conversation.
Kaleidoscope is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Kaleidoscope does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Meet Some of Kaleidoscope's Employees
Dyfed R.Chief Creative Officer
We have been in a really good positions in the last few years to be provocateurs and to challenge the industry.
Back to top