Principal (Industrial Goods & Services)
Principal, Industrial Goods and Services
Kaiser Associates' Industrial Goods and Services practice is seeking to expand its ranks with a talented, motivated, and well-credentialed Principal. Our Industrials practice leverages analysis, client relationships, and learnings from previous engagements to support critical commercial decisions for Global 500 corporations in the Industrial sector through portfolio strategy, market and opportunity assessment, go to market strategies, competitive strategy, and product commercialization.
At Kaiser, Principals balance their day-to-day responsibilities between project management, project delivery, and business development. Principals play a key role in project delivery, and are responsible for the quality of our client advice and supporting work. As a core member of our Industrials practice, a Principal will also be expected to engage in practice planning discussions and lead aspects of business development and client relationship management for the team.
This position offers a unique entrepreneurial opportunity within the context of an established consulting firm. Our meritocratic and results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers.
- Balancing project management, project delivery, and business development and client relationship responsibilities
- Managing engagements from start to finish, including team oversight and preparation of documents for client presentations
- Analyzing research and client-provided information to develop conclusions and recommendations
- Writing client-ready presentations and delivering powerful, effective business presentations
- Conducting client interviews and research
- Serving as key point of contact between team, senior officers of the firm, and clients
- Developing and bringing thought leadership to bear for business development purposes with existing and new clients
- Engaging in practice planning discussions, including practice strategy and marketing discussion
- Responsible for professional development of team members
- 5-7 years of consulting experience at a top strategy consulting firm serving Global 500 clients in Industrial sectors
- MBA or Master's degree in a related discipline preferred; undergraduate from a leading university or college required
- Experience managing a team of consultants
- Primary research and analysis experience, with demonstrated ability to synthesize data and draw accurate, logical conclusions
- Demonstrated experience managing high-performing strategy consulting teams
- Experience working with senior business leaders
Additional Qualifications for Success:
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive, "can do" attitude
- Comfort working with and leading groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Creative, "big picture" thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Superb computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word)
Meet Some of Kaiser Associates's Employees
Crystal researches and implements best practices for public and private sector clients, facilitates ongoing relationships with clients, and develops innovative ways to bring new perspective to longstanding problems for Kaiser’s clients.
Back to top