Manager, Technology (Commercial Strategy)
Position Opened: Summer 2016
Location: Washington, DC
Kaiser's Technology practice is seeking an experienced Manager to join our growing team. Our Technology practice supports blue-chip hardware, software and services companies in developing effective commercial growth and profit strategies, with offerings in the specific solution areas of market opportunity assessment, go to market strategies, competitive strategy, and product commercialization. Our recent projects have centered around topics such as the Internet of Things (IoT), connected machinery, wearables, and Software as a Service (Saas).
A Manager within Kaiser's Technology practice will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple client engagements, including engaging independently with the client on day-to-day matters, managing and coaching a team of consultants, and directing the project schedule. Managers take ownership of project deliverables, and are expected to contribute deep, sophisticated analyses and thought leadership at each stage of the engagement. Managers at Kaiser exhibit a passion for the growth of their practice not only through continuous solid delivery with repeat clients, but through contributions to the development of intellectual capital and support for the full business development lifecycle as directed by practice leaders.
Kaiser's meritocratic and results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers who acquire and develop a strong client base. This role presents the opportunity to take a strong leadership role within our Tech practice and to create an accelerated path to success at Kaiser Associates.
- Structuring and defining an effective approach to address client's key business questions
- Developing strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Leading project teams of 1-3 consultants by providing direction, oversight, and coaching to complete research assignments, develop analyses, and prepare documentation for client presentations
- Conducting client interviews, data discovery, and research, including external primary and secondary research
- Analyzing and contextualizing internal client data and external research to develop powerful insights and actionable recommendations
- Writing client-ready presentations and delivering powerful, effective business presentations
- Serving as key point of contact between team, senior officers of the firm, and clients
- Contributing to business development lifecycle at the direction of supervisors, including writing case studies or other intellectual capital development
- Responsible for professional development of team members
- 3-5 years of consulting experience at a top strategy consulting firm with significant time spent working within the technology industry
- B.S. or B.A degree from a top college or university required; MBA or similar post-graduate degree from a top program preferred
- Experience managing junior consultants and leading significant aspects of a project team from conception through delivery
- Primary & secondary research and analysis experience, with demonstrated ability to synthesize data and draw accurate, logical conclusions
- Experience working with senior business leaders
Additional Qualifications for Success:
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Creative, "big picture" thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Outstanding qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive, "can do" attitude
- Comfort working with and leading groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills; ability to translate complex ideas into clear and simple format and deliver executive presentations to all levels of client management
- Experience and willingness to coach, mentor, and develop junior consulting talent
- Works well under pressure and ability to meet deadlines; effectively adapts to changes in priorities to meet client needs
Meet Some of Kaiser Associates's Employees
Crystal researches and implements best practices for public and private sector clients, facilitates ongoing relationships with clients, and develops innovative ways to bring new perspective to longstanding problems for Kaiser’s clients.
Back to top