Kafene is a fintech firm dedicated to empowering flexible ownership solutions for customers nationwide. Our best in class technology brings innovative point of sale financing to industries like furniture, appliances, and electronics, unlocking economic opportunity for all our stakeholders. Kafene has recently raised a large Series A round from top tier investors and will use the support to invest in talent to execute the ambitious plan ahead.
Kafene believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other and our customers. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what you can bring to our growing company and team!
Kafene is looking for an experienced Director of Product to work on defining and executing the product roadmap for Kafene Merchant (our in-store point of sale solution), Kafene Direct (our game changing ecommerce and virtual lease to own card) and internal projects. You will collaborate across the organization with senior leadership and critical business stakeholders. You will be responsible for the evolution and optimization of Kafene’s technology platform that includes app-based point of sale virtual wallets, and AI based underwriting.
The Impact You Will Make
- Help set the company’s strategic direction by defining and articulating new opportunities and working in close connection with executive leadership, Kafene’s engineering team, and various business teams to articulate specific goals.
- Create the vision and execute the short and long term product strategy for Kafene Direct, ensuring alignment with the overall product roadmap for the larger organization
- Develop an understanding of Kafene’s users by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing.
- Develop a prioritization and ROI framework for implementing features, fixing bugs, and justifying a short term and a long term roadmap of projects.
What You Bring to the Table
- 7-10+ years experience with strong technical or product expertise including the ability to manage multiple product roadmaps.
- Experience working in a technology startup is highly desirable.
- Fintech and consumer lending experience is a bonus.
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with various divisions among the organization including technology, marketing, sales, operations, and finance teams.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystalize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate.
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions, understand experiment results and monitor product health; SQL skills a plus.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Experienced with product development in Agile methodologies.
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus.
Kafene is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.