Are you a keen problem-solver who takes pride on figuring out challenging puzzles? Do you get excited about working with people of all disciplines to achieve something great? If so, we can’t wait to connect with you!
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual who wants to solve challenging problems and make a significant impact to join our engineering team as Technical Director, Engineering at our Vancouver studio. You are a hands-on technologist who can dive deep and hold your own with senior developers, building scalable products. At the same time, you are a true leader who enables and inspires your team to do their best work on delivering reliable and stable software.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Direct and oversee project engineering efforts including game client and server technology, development roadmap and live operation of cross platform products
- Manages technical design and development of game software, ensuring design and architecture is extensible across projects
- Architect and develop robust, scalable and efficient mobile (iOS/Android) solution to support product player base
- Lead engineers of all levels on product teams and product initiatives
- Collaborate with various key stakeholders and directly contribute to design of major game features, technology budgeting, scheduling and whole-project dependency analysis
- Proactively identify development bottlenecks across all areas, disciplines and projects and coordinate solutions
- Identifies technology security concerns and handles security violations as they arise
- Understands and manages technical debts where it helps to increase efficiency for the project
- Communicate project status and issues in a concise and accurate manner to key stakeholders through regular updates
- Work with the product management team to continuously improve our product development methodologies
- Hire and grow a team of fantastic software engineers
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or related fields
- 7+ years of progressive experience in similar capacity including 3+ years in a technical leadership role, preferably in technology and/or game industry
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with mobile technology and development; server knowledge is a plus
- Proven track record of inter-personal skills including ability to work in a cross-functional setting and communication with all levels of the organization
- Experience building and running highly scalable applications
- Demonstrated ability to drive to clear action and ownership
- Solid leadership skills with proven ability to motivate others into action
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and quick to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top