Do you find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, or gameplay systems for great action RPGs? Are you intrigued by seeing how modifications you make change the way people play? We’re looking for a Systems-Tuning Designer to join our talented team and share expertise in the world of free-to-play monetization systems.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Drive game system design for award winning mobile games
- Define economic goals and calibrate game systems to support the overall game design and project vision
- Employ lots of logic and a little math to establish and execute your tuning intent
- Manipulate numbers, curves, and tables to steer player behaviour and fulfill design intent
- Balance under-the-hood complexities with user-facing accessibility
- Work cross-functionally to integrate and expand features as you champion your vision from concept through execution
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- 3+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Sound like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of two smash hits – Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy, and we’re hard at work on a great title in the Transformers universe.
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our space is what we make it - full of gadgets and artwork we’ve collected over the years, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call an office.
Meet Some of Kabam's Employees
Anthony helps with everything from client to back-end to database engineering work for Kabam’s great games, picking up new programming skills from his teammates along the way.
Back to top