Do you find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, or gameplay systems for great action RPGs? Are you intrigued by seeing how the modifications you’ve made change the way people play? We’re looking for a Systems Designer bring their expertise to our amazing team, making the world's favorite mobile free-to-play MMORPGs .
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, UI/UX artists, Data Scientists, QA and Live Ops to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- 3+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of two smash hits – Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy, and we’re hard at work on a great title in the Transformers universe.
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain - willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and take ownership of your tasks are absolutely necessary. We are still a fun bunch, where your quirkiness will be celebrated and curious minds will be rewarded. Our space is what we make of it - full of artwork we’ve collected over the years, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call an office.
Back to top