Do you find yourself dissecting games in terms of monetization strategies and game mechanics when playing them? Are you intrigued by seeing how the modifications you’ve made change the way people play? We’re looking for a Systems Designer to join our talented team and share expertise in the world of free-to-play monetization systems.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of two smashing hits – Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knitted and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of engineers, UI/UX artists, QA and Live Ops to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader payer community
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Assist in developing and producing design concepts that are aligned with project direction
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Mentor other Game Designers and share knowledge across the team
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- 3+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper games
- Superb technical skills in balancing, tuning, polishing games, and developing monetization strategies
- Rock solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- A strong desire to make the best games in the world
For those who want to take it up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- Proficiency in Unity3D and/or C#
- Experience working on mobile, free-to-play games
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based target bonus
- Well-structured health coverage including extended health, vision, dental and life insurances
- Company matching group retirement savings plan
- Personal time off and flexible work hours
- Education reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top