Software Engineer Intern - Mobile Games
Los Angeles, CA
Do you want to spend your summer in Los Angeles at a hot mobile gaming company? This summer you have the chance to be part of Kabam's Internship Program! As an intern at Kabam, you will be matched up with an experienced mentor. You’ll work in a collaborative, open environment and get meaningful work. Learn more about our Intern Program by visiting our website http://careers.kabam.com/university/.
During your internship expect to:
- Design and code new features and enhancements
- Work closely with engineers, game designers, and artists
- Find and fix bugs, optimize scalability and performance, keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies
- There will be opportunities to learn about and work in one or more areas of game development such as:
- Gameplay and game mechanics
- Tools for artist and designer support
- Graphics and rendering
- Server and service engineering
- College junior or senior, graduating December 2016 – June 2019; or seeking a Graduate degree
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Passionate about mobile gaming
- Self-motivated with the ability to “roll-up the sleeves” to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical deadlines
- General understanding of the following languages/technology is preferred:
- Unity3D, C#, C++
- MongoDB, Redis
How have past interns impacted Kabam?
- Implemented UI prototype and functionality for quests and social shouting for Avatar
- Supported the team by implementing other small game features, camera features, and animations
Interns who excel may have the opportunity to continue working part-time during their senior year and/or receive a full-time offer to join Kabam after graduation.
- Competitive paid internship
- Free snacks and beverages
- Commuter benefits, 401k, and medical insurance
- Educational speaker sessions with industry leaders
- Network within the company
- Be apart of a fun group of interns!
- Team building and social events
Relocation not provided
Interns must be able to work in our Los Angeles office. The intern is responsible for own relocation and housing.
Applications Accepted: September 2016 – November 2016
Interviews: November 2016 – January 2017
Offers: December 2016 – January 2017
Internship Program: On or around June 1, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. The company is valued at more than $1 billion and has been profitable since 2012. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.**
Back to top