Social Media Content Specialist Intern
Do you want to spend your summer in San Francisco at a hot mobile gaming company? This summer you have the chance to be part of Kabam's Internship Program! As an intern at Kabam, you will be matched up with an experienced mentor. You’ll work in a collaborative, open environment and get meaningful work. Learn more about our Intern Program by visiting our website http://careers.kabam.com/university/.
During your internship expect to:
- Work with a team of global, genre-specialist social media and marketing creatives
- Drive, build out, and manage game-franchise social media channels
- Set acquisition, engagement, and retention KPIs and report regularly on performance
- Coordinate closely with the Product Marketing, Player Experience, Product and Live Operations teams as a player-focused team
- Create engaging and compelling shareable content including image, video, audio, and text
- College junior or senior, graduating December 2016 – June 2019; or seeking a Graduate degree
- Pursuing a degree in Journalism, Community Management, Social Media, Digital Marketing, or similar field
- Experience building communities from scratch and making existing multi-million player communities effective
- Passionate about mobile gaming and direct interaction with players
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and comfortable in engaging communication with all levels of management, both internal and external
- Rudimentary video and image editing capabilities and the ability to guide creative work that will work on a given social channel (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- People management & leadership abilities and experience
- Proficiency in Social Measuring Tools and KPIs (e.g. Radian6, tweetdeck, Lithium, Klout, Facebook Page Insights, Uservoice, etc.)
- Rudimentary Video and image editing capabilities and the ability to guide creative work that will work on a given social channel (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- Self-motivated with the ability to “roll-up the sleeves” to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical deadlines
How have past interns impacted Kabam?
- Created a three month social media marketing campaign, before and after launch, for Legacy of Zeus
- Completed a social media analysis on over 12 different brands
- Worked on different ad platforms, e.g. Facebook Canvas, to experiment on new marketing techniques for Marvel Contest of Champions
Interns who excel may have the opportunity to continue working part-time during their senior year and/or receive a full-time offer to join Kabam after graduation.
- Competitive paid internship
- Daily catered lunches and dinners
- Free snacks and beverages
- Commuter, 401k, and medical insurance
- Educational speaker sessions with industry leaders
- Network within the company
- Be apart of a fun group of interns!
- Team building and social events: welcome event, scavenger hunt, and baseball game
Relocation not provided
Interns must be able to work in our San Francisco office. The intern is responsible for own relocation and housing.
Applications Accepted: September 2016 – November 2016
Interviews: November 2016 – January 2017
Offers: January 2017 – March 2017
Internship Program: On or around June 1, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. The company is valued at more than $1 billion and has been profitable since 2012. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.**
Back to top