Senior Systems Engineer
Do you pride yourself on having a creative problem solving mindset? Are you intrigued by working with a group of talented people using an innovative technology? If so, let’s connect and talk!
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our engineering team as Senior Systems Engineer at our Vancouver studio. You enjoy solving complex problems where you can exercise your practical technical knowledge. At the same time, you can effectively collaborate with others to provide technical support on identified requirements.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knitted and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time systems on both Android/iOS
- Profile and optimize existing run-time systems and memory systems
- Integrate low level libraries and external code
- Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
- Collaborate with others on integration and support tasks
- Perform other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as requested
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferably in games
- Strong proficiency in Unity3D Game Engine, C# and either Android or iOS
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest mobile gaming trends
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
- Proven track record to working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top