We are looking for a QA Lead to manage a team of external and internal QA staff on our new unannounced game. This person will work with the production team to ensure that our regular releases happen smoothly and that quality expectations are met.
Kabam Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values… but most of all, we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At Kabam LA you’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires and Allies, and Diablo.
Day to day:
- Work with internal stakeholders to finalize test plans
- Manage the workload of internal testers
- Direct the efforts of external QA contractors
- Facilitate communication between developers and QA team members
- Represent QA interests to the management group
- Help test the game, where needed, to prepare builds for launch
- Provide quality defect reports with reproducible cases to the development team
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile and small team environment
Minimum 3+ years in the games industry.
MUST Have Qualifications:
- At least one test cycle on a shipped game as a QA Lead or Manager
- Can accurately complete tasks in a timely fashion with a high degree of quality
- Enjoys working on small, agile teams
- Motivated, and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- History of playing strategy games – PC, console or mobile
- Passionate for (and interested in) games – both playing and building
- Familiar with mobile development
- Full test cycle on a multiplatform mobile game
- Familiarity with iOS and Android hardware
- Familiarity with JIRA and Perforce
- Enjoys playing strategy games on mobile platforms, for example Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes or Summoners War
Full Health, Dental, and Vision; 401k matching; $250 gym reimbursement; $1000 per year educational stipend; tons of snacks, drinks, etc.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes games that are available on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Valued at more than $1 billion, Kabam is the 6th fastest growing company overall in North America, according to Deloitte LLP. The company has been profitable since 2012. Kabam's Kingdoms of Camelot franchise has grossed more than $250 million, making it one of the top 10 strategy franchises of all time. Kabam has also created four titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. In 2014, Kabam had three titles rank in the Top 50 Grossing apps on iOS. Kabam has more than 850 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Brothers and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top