Do you pride yourself on how meticulous and organized you are? Are you the one who would proactively identify potential issues just so you’re always ahead of the curve? If so, we’d like to discuss with you this exciting opportunity we have.
At Kabam Vancouver, we’re looking for Producer to join our highly collaborative team. You will be working with a team of talents cross all disciplines to deliver new exciting content and features to a passionate fan base. In addition, you will be an embedded key member of the game development team, involved in decision making that affect game features, monetization strategies, and in-game promotions.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and the upcoming Transformers game. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage. Intrigued to learn more?
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own features by scheduling and overseeing the flow of dependencies and implementation
- Establish and communicate clear quality and time goals to ensure the final product is of high quality and done on time
- Work with software engineers, artists, and designers to make sure features get what they need and stay on schedule
- Maintain up to date documentation and scheduling information by taking notes and disseminating information to the team
- Reach consensus on development schedules with internal and external stakeholders, and manage those by highlighting task priorities, departmental interdependencies, resource issues and risks
- Understand and plan for all project deliverables, including internally and externally required builds and marketing/PR needs
- Identify production issues and conflicts between schedule, cost and project scope targets and offer solutions
- Maintain and facilitate regular communication with internal and external stakeholders on the status of game content, assets, and features while also identify any obstacles or issues needing attention
- Proactively identifies production issues and risks, and take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties which may impede progress
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Monitor change requests and determine when significant changes to task scope have occurred
- Other ad-hoc requirements may arise as needed
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in mobile game industry
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant education combined with experience; game design degree is a plus
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under deadlines and stressful conditions
- Excellent organization skill paired with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with proven track record of communicating effectively with members of all levels
- Resourceful in making decisions in a timely manner and ability to empower team on problem solving at all times
- Multi-lingual? This is certainly an added bonus!
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now to tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top