Player Support Specialist
At Kabam, we are motivated to deliver a support experience that exceeds expectations for all Kabam players. Our Customer Support team is at the center of this. We have a passion for gaming and a laser focus on our players. Their daily enjoyment in our games is how we measure our success.
As the Player Support Specialist, you will act as a primary conduit of information, collaboration, and live decision making between our game development studio in Vancouver and our customer support team in Austin, TX. This role will serve alongside our Community team as an on-going voice of our players and as a valuable partner and extended member of our local Vancouver game development team. This is also an opportunity for you to innovate, own and affect the player experience at Kabam. To be successful in this role, you will bring exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, a passion for making customers happy, a desire to get things done, and someone who loves to play mobile video games!
More specifically, you can expect to:
- Represent customer service viewpoint and partner with community relations team to serve as internal “voice of the player” in team design and strategy meetings
- Oversee flow of cross-team communication to ensure up-to-date information is available for accurate creation of knowledge base articles and other educational materials
- Collaborate with Community team to address sensitive customer issues
- Address priority player escalations via CRM tools
- Investigate trending in-game issues and liaise with support leadership and other internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Assist in the establishment and execution of departmental policies, processes, and standards to ensure delivery of world-class customer service
- Act as an extended member of the local development team, while working hand in hand with our Austin customer support team
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced team environment that requires superb collaboration and execution skills
- Proven track record of flexibility and ability to successfully execute tasks autonomously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes high-stress environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to multitask fluidy, and deal well with ambiguity
- Patience, empathy, and ability to understand customer needs and provide solutions
- Experience with Salesforce and office productivity software
- Thorough understanding of Kabam titles and previous or current experience playing our games
- 3-6 years of previous customer service or other support experience, preferably with managerial experience
- BA or BS degree or relevant experience a plus
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top