Online Community Manager
Are you an expert at diplomacy and communications? Do you understand how to nurture and grow passionate players, and influence and distill actionable insights for the game team? Do you know what works on all communication channels and social media? Come join our awesome team!
We are looking for a Online Community Manager who will lead all online community development efforts for our upcoming Transformers Game. As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In this role, you will be a strategic member of our team, focused on helping shape our player community and their discourse around our game. Through these efforts, you will help our game team to build a great relationship with our players.
More specifically, you can expect to:
- Work with Transformers game team and Product Marketing to oversee and drive messaging and communications plans to ensure we reach, educate and inspire as many players as possible
- Implement a sentiment analysis approach to measure where we are and where we want to be for the Studio’s portfolio, design viable tactics to reach these goals
- Develop time-sensitive, effective communications plans when there's a perception crisis underway, and evaluate and report on player sentiment
- Identify areas of opportunity where players don't fully understand our vision and develop plans and messages that will positively affect sentiment
- Collaborate with influencers on programs to incentivize user generated content and grassroots engagement
- Help drive, develop and execute both player-generated Video/Streaming content as well as in-house video content that engages and retains our players
- Work closely with the Transformers Product Marketing Manager to plan and execute an entertaining social pipeline on the right channels
- Be active with our players in game and out of game, help foster a sense of mutual respect and open communication between players and the game teams
- Design and deliver succinct reports on the performance of various community KPIs to all needed stakeholders.
- Develop programs and training that help Kabam employees engage with our community effectively
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- 3+ years of PR and/or Community relations experience for a large, consumer-facing brand.
- Strong ability to provide constructive feedback and committed mentorship to inspire those around you
- Deep intuition that helps to anticipate how players’ reaction to any announcement or game feature. You navigate around landmines and finely tune messaging to address all perspectives
- Proven track record of translating what players are saying into convincing, data-backed recommendations that inspire action from others
- High awareness of global cultural intricacies and ability to study problems from all angles in order to avoid costly mistakes when managing global game brands
- A Self-motivated personality, and can prioritize and manage workload to meet critical deadlines
- Solid understanding of what makes social and other communication channels successful
- Excellent written communication skills and can craft engaging content whether it’s a funny forum post, social share or KPI-focused report
- Passion with mobile games and other games of all types and have walked the player journey
- Proficiency with tools which measure sentiment (Meltwater, Radian6, others)
To take it up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- You have built from scratch and made existing multi-million player communities effective
- Knowledge of the Transformers IP
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Meet Some of Kabam's Employees
Anthony helps with everything from client to back-end to database engineering work for Kabam’s great games, picking up new programming skills from his teammates along the way.
Back to top