Human Resources Intern
Do you want to spend your summer in San Francisco at a hot mobile gaming company? This summer you have the chance to be part of Kabam's Internship Program! As an intern at Kabam, you will be matched up with an experienced mentor. You’ll work in a collaborative, open environment and get meaningful work. Learn more about our Intern Program by visiting our website http://careers.kabam.com/university/.
About the team
The HR team in San Francisco provides corporate shared services support to the organization through its Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits, and HRIS teams. They also support the organization through strategic business partnering and employee relation management. The team functions in a fast-paced environment where change is constant and ambiguity and nuance reign. Collaborative autonomy and creativity are critical components to success.
During your internship expect to:
- Communicate and execute key administrative tasks including processing new hires, terminations, compliance audits, and record maintenance
- Use key HR software like Workday and Jobvite to effectively support employees
- Provide data entry support and audit system information
- Prepare Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents; and proofread HR documents including policies, training presentations, and external and internal communication
- Provide assistance to employees and deliver quality solutions, if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Work proactively and openly share new ideas and information with other team members
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects
- Support the recruitment process from job posting to onboarding
- May be responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements
- College junior or senior, graduating December 2016 – June 2019
- At least one year working in an office environment experience preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data and information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Open to learning in a team environment and willing to take on responsibility for your own projects
- Superior organizational skills; results-focus with superb execution and follow-through; highly detail-oriented
- Efficient, highly productive multi-tasker; self-motivated and flexible
How have past interns impacted Kabam?
- Delivered the values and organizational chart to new hires during orientation
- Created and executed an intern professional development workshop on personal branding
- First point of contact with candidates; responsible for scheduling interviews and greeting them during onsite interviews
- Designed a global survey to evaluate new hire onboarding experiences
- Learned the back-end of the University Program through meetings with business leads, planning internship related events, and updating intern job descriptions
Interns who excel have the opportunity to continue working part-time during their senior year and/or receive a full-time offer to join Kabam after graduation.
- Competitive paid internship
- Daily catered lunches and dinners
- Free snacks and beverages
- Commuter, 401k, and medical insurance
- Educational speaker sessions with industry leaders
- Network within the company
- Be apart of a fun group of interns!
- Team building and social events: welcome event, scavenger hunt, and baseball game
Relocation not provided
Interns must be able to work in our San Francisco office. The intern is responsible for own relocation and housing.
Applications Accepted: September 2016 – November 2016
Interviews: November 2016 – January 2017
Offers: January 2017 – March 2017
Internship Program: On or around June 1, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. The company is valued at more than $1 billion and has been profitable since 2012. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.**
Back to top