Graphics Engineer Intern
Do you want to spend your summer in Los Angeles at a hot mobile gaming company? This summer you have the chance to be part of Kabam's Internship Program! As an intern at Kabam, you will be matched up with an experienced mentor. You’ll work in a collaborative, open environment and get meaningful work. Learn more about our Intern Program by visiting our website http://careers.kabam.com/university/.
During your internship expect to:
- Collaborate with the art team on improving existing rendering quality
- Research new methods of pushing the visual quality of our games
- Help identify bottlenecks in our art pipeline and work to improve them
- Implement scalable rendering solutions for varied hardware devices
- Assist where necessary within a small engineering team
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile, and small team environment
- Drive graphics performance on both iOS and Android devices and to work within Unity
- College junior or senior, graduating December 2016 – June 2019; or seeking a Graduate degree
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Passionate about mobile gaming
- Self-motivated with the ability to “roll-up the sleeves” to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical deadlines
- Open to learning in a team environment and willing to take on responsibility for your own projects
- General understanding and ability to pick up on any of the following languages/technology is preferred:
- Unity3D and C#
- Graphics APIs (especially OpenGL ES 2, 3), shaders, and hardware
- iOS and Android API/hardware experience
- Solid understanding of 3D and graphics-related math
- Solid CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
Interns who excel may have the opportunity to continue working part-time during their senior year and/or receive a full-time offer to join Kabam after graduation.
- Competitive paid internship
- Free snacks and beverages
- Commuter, 401k, and medical insurance
- Educational speaker sessions with industry leaders
- Network within the company
- Be apart of a fun group of interns!
- Team building and social events
Relocation not provided
Interns must be able to work in our Los Angeles office. The intern is responsible for own relocation and housing.
Applications Accepted: September 2016 – November 2016
Interviews: November 2016 – January 2017
Offers: December 2016 – January 2017
Internship Program: On or around June 1, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. The company is valued at more than $1 billion and has been profitable since 2012. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.**
Back to top