Game Design Intern
Do you want to spend your summer in San Francisco at a hot mobile gaming company? This summer you have the chance to be part of Kabam's Internship Program! As an intern at Kabam, you will be matched up with an experienced mentor. You’ll work in a collaborative, open environment and get meaningful work. Learn more about our Intern Program by visiting our website http://careers.kabam.com/university/.
During your internship expect to:
- Pitch creative, innovative, and engaging game features that are designed to improve customer acquisition, engagement, and monetization
- Work with other designers, engineers, and artists to help effectively implement new features and systems
- Analyze gameplay mechanics and feature designs
- Create clear feature documentation, diagrams, and/or prototypes
- College junior or senior, graduating December 2016 – June 2019
- Enrolled in a Game Design degree or equivalent
- Passion for making and playing games
- Knowledgeable in different types of game genres, economics, and what makes them enjoyable
- Understanding of interaction design concepts and principles
- Experience playing Kabam games
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Upon completion of your internship, you would have:
- Learned what it takes to manage game systems, economics & mechanics
- Modeled and tuned complex game systems
- Analyzed live data and player feedback to continually optimize existing game experience
Interns who excel have the opportunity to continue working part-time during their senior year and/or receive a full-time offer to join Kabam after graduation.
- Competitive paid internship
- Daily catered lunches and dinners
- Free snacks and beverages
- Commuter, 401k, and medical insurance
- Educational speaker sessions with industry leaders
- Network within the company
- Be apart of a fun group of interns!
- Team building and social events: welcome event, scavenger hunt, and baseball game
Relocation not provided
Interns must be able to work in our San Francisco office. The intern is responsible for her/his own relocation and housing.
Applications Accepted: September 2016 – November 2016
Interviews: November 2016 – January 2017
Offers: January 2017 – March 2017
Internship Program: On or around June 1, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. The company is valued at more than $1 billion and has been profitable since 2012. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.**
Back to top