Game Data Analyst
We are relentlessly curious – we are intellectually honest, data driven, and always searching for the answers to hard questions. To sustain this quest, we’re looking for a talented individual like you to join our Data Analytic team as Game Data Analyst.
You are sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for games. Your experience with large datasets helps to demonstrate your superior quantitative analytical skill and a scientific thought process. Your expertise pave the way for working with our game team to optimize every facet of player retention and monetization to ensure the continued success of our games.
At Kabam, we create the world’s favorite massively multiplayer, free-to-play games. Our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In your day-to-day, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with world-class game developers across a variety of disciplines (engineering, game design, live operations, UI/UX, and community) to form and test theories on player behavior
- Work closely with engineers to understand and efficiently leverage game databases (MySQL)
- Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations
- Prepare and present weekly reviews on the game’s performance
- Create and manage multiple A/B tests to gain valuable insights on KPIs including retention, acquisition, and monetization
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
- Play with an amazing dataset
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team. Willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, most of the art in the office was done in-house, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call the office.
Adding to the ingredients of success, you will bring:
- 3+ years of hands-on data analysis experience, with solid knowledge of statistical methods
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a STEM discipline or other field related to measurement and analysis
- Expert SQL skills and experience querying very large data sets
- Proven ability to thrive using multiple mixed, varied, and inconsistent data sources
- Comfortable presenting complicated material to diverse audiences
- Self-motivated, team player, humble, and able to prioritize tasks
To take this up a notch, we’d like to see you having:
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience working for a social or mobile game developer
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles
- MBA or Master’s Degree
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you along with your portfolio.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Meet Some of Kabam's Employees
Anthony helps with everything from client to back-end to database engineering work for Kabam’s great games, picking up new programming skills from his teammates along the way.
Back to top