You are a self-starter – motivated and continuously seeking out ways to improve processes and policies. Your professionalism and interpersonal skills pave the way for building strong rapport with key internal leaders. You enjoy a fast-moving environment where each day is different from the last. You are – what we’re looking for.
At Kabam, we create the world’s favorite massively multiplayer, free-to-play games. We are looking for a Contracts Specialist to join our dynamic Vancouver Studio - creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and our upcoming game, Transformers: Forged to Fight. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In your day-to-day, you can expect to:
- Review, analyze and draft standard contracts and forms for NDAs, MSAs, SOWs and other types of legal agreements.
- Partner closely with internal leaders to address business priorities.
- Maintain, update and manage electronic contracts administration database.
- Oversee and improve on existing legal processes and policies.
- Manage legal budget and outside counsel fee tracking system.
- Prepare and implement trainings for business teams on key aspects of legal processes.
- Ensure compliance with contract management process and company’s internal policies and guidelines.
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team. Willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, most of the art in the office was done in-house, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call the office.
Adding to the ingredients of success, you will bring:
- 5+ years of contracts and transactional experience supporting contract administration processes and management. Prior in-house legal experience highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to oversee the contract process to include contract evaluation, negotiation and approval.
- Experience with creating and overseeing contract management systems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Solid business judgement and ability to work independently.
- Proactive with the initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism and integrity, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters with a wide variety of internal clients.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines.
- High proficiency with MS Office, and contracts and records management systems.
To take this up a notch, we’d like to see you having:
- Prior experience in the game industry or other high tech fields
- Additional language skills
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Meet Some of Kabam's Employees
Anthony helps with everything from client to back-end to database engineering work for Kabam’s great games, picking up new programming skills from his teammates along the way.
Back to top