Community Development Manager
Manager, Community Development
The Manager of Community Development will lead all community development efforts for Legacy of Zeus as well as any other games produced in our Beijing studio. Are you an expert at diplomacy and communications? Do you understand how to nurture and grow passionate players and influencers and distill actionable insights for the game team? Do you understand what works on all communication channels? Come join our awesome team!
The Community Management team is a group within the Marketing organization, which is responsible for all marketing and communication efforts across our titles. As a leader, you will be a strategic member of our team, focused on helping shape our player community and their discourse around our game. Through these efforts you will help the Legacy of Zeus game team build a great relationship with our players. You’ll also partner closely with the Game Team, Product Marketing and other members of the Marketing Team.
Day to day:
- Work with Legacy of Zeus game team and Product Marketing to oversee and drive messaging and communications plans to ensure we reach, educate and inspire as many players as possible
- Implement a sentiment analysis approach to measure where we are and where we want to be for the Studio’s portfolio, design viable tactics to reach these goals
- Develop time-sensitive, effective communications plans when there's a perception crisis underway, and evaluate and report on player sentiment
- Identify areas of opportunity where players don't fully understand our vision and develop plans and messages that will positively affect sentiment
- Develop programs and training that help Kabamers engage with our community effectively
- Collaborate with influencers on programs to incentivize user generated content and grassroots engagement
- Help drive, develop and execute both player generated Video/Streaming content as well as in-house video content that engages and retains our players
- Work closely with the Manager of Product Marketing to plan and execute an entertaining social pipeline on the right channels
- Be active with our players in game and out of game, help foster a sense of mutual respect and open communication between players and the game teams
- Design and deliver succinct reports on the performance of various community KPIs to all needed stakeholders.
This role is a mid-level position. The candidate who excels in this position will demonstrate the value of community presence within game development teams by being a staunch advocate of the player. This role is essential to the growth of our leading free-to-play, global, gaming company. The role will become increasingly cross-functional in nature and our pay for performance culture will align your professional success with your personal financial success.
Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Community Management, Communications & multi-media is a plus)
3+ years of PR and/or Community relations experience for a large, consumer-facing brand. Managerial experience preferred. Some knowledge/passion for Greek Mythology is a plus.
MUST Have Experience:
- Your constructive feedback and committed mentorship inspires those around you
- You easily get angry mobs to put down the pitchforks and hold hands; you know how to convince players that design changes are the right call and turn them into advocates
- You can anticipate how players are going to react to any announcement or game feature. You navigate around landmines and finely tune messaging to address all perspectives
- You translate what players are saying into convincing, data-backed recommendations that'll inspire action from our many international game teams
- You are aware of global cultural intricacies and you study problems from all angles in order to avoid costly mistakes when managing global game brands
- You love playing mobile games and other games of all types and have walked the player journey
- You have some proficiency with tools which measure sentiment (Meltwater, Radian6, others)
- You are Self-motivated and can prioritize and manage workload to meet critical deadlines
- You understand what makes social and other communication channels successful
- You have excellent English written communication skills and can craft engaging content whether it’s a funny forum post, social share or KPI-focused report
Nice to Have Experience:
- You have built from scratch and made existing multi-million player communities effective
Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes massively multi-player games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. The company is valued at more than $1 billion and has been profitable since 2012. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in China**
Back to top